If you’re planning a new trip, Black Friday is the best time to look for your flight. Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year and this year it takes place on Friday, November 23. Even if you don’t live in the US (like me) you can get really amazing deals during this holiday.
Why Black Friday is the best time to book flights
I like to think travel is not as expensive as it seems, everyone can travel if they want it. But the truth is flights are the most expensive travel expense on a trip. The good things is you can score really cheap deals if you know how and when to book your flights.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Travel Tuesday are the best dates to book everything related to travel: flights, packages, tours, even travel insurance prices can get incredibly cheap. And you don’t even need to go to the mall and run like crazy! You just need a good internet connection and a credit card.
How to use Skyscanner to find the best deals
I always use Skyscanner to find the cheapest flights. I love this platform because it is really easy to use and has many features that help you find the best flight deals. When using Skyscanner, I’ve always find prices are a lot cheaper than on the specific airline’s website itself.
These are some of my favourite features of Skyscanner:
- Destination Everywhere: If you’re not looking flights for a specific destination, you can simply choose your departure airport and enter ‘Everywhere’ in the destination field. Skyscanner will show you the cheapest destinations from your city during the dates you’ve selected.
- Whole Month: On the other hand, if you know where you want to go but are flexible with dates, you can search “Cheapest Month” to find the cheapest prices throughout the year. If you want to travel during a specific month but are flexible with the duration of the trip you can also select “Whole Month”.
The charts help you notice when the cheapest flights are available.
- Explore: If you’re still undecided about where and when you’re flying, you should check the “Explore” section.
- Set Price Alerts: Last but not least, Skyscanner allows you to set price alerts on the flights you’re interested. Simply select “Get Price Alerts” when searching for flights and Skyscanner will send you an email when the price of the flight changes. This is a great feature for Black Friday! You should set price alerts some days before Friday so you will get notified as soon as the price goes down.
Using the Skyscanner App
Did you know Skyscanner also has an app? Skyscanner app is really easy to use and you can get a notification on your phone every time the prices of the flight you’re interested changes no matter where you are.
If you’re interested in knowing more about the app and how it works, I wrote an article about How to find cheap flights with Skyscanner App.
The best Black Friday deals on Skyscanner
So many airlines are releasing discounted fares on Black Friday, Skyscanner has put together all the best deals sorted by airline here.
What prices should you expect?
According to Skyscanner’s data from 2017 the best international flights deals from US were: Los Angeles-Paris (36% savings), Los Angeles-Taipei (33% savings), Chicago-London (32% savings) and Los Angeles-New Delhi (30% savings).
Also, the best deals on domestic flights were the following: New York-Las Vegas (26% savings), Chicago-New York (21% savings) and San Francisco-Las Vegas (20% savings).
Based on Skyscanner’s data from 2017, the cheapest prices are available on Friday around 7pm and Monday around 2 pm.
Tips for finding the best deals on Black Friday:
- Make a list of your top destinations some weeks before Black Friday and write down the regular prices.This list will help you compare the prices.
- Be flexible. You will always find cheaper deals if you can travel all year long or don’t choose a specific destination.
- Set price alerts some days before Black Friday takes place. Skyscanner App is great for this.
As you see, Skyscanner makes it really easy to find cheap flights! I hope this post helps you find the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on Skyscanner. Have a great holiday and deal hunting!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Skyscanner, but all opinions are my own.