Here’s a list of my 5 favorite cheap restaurants in vancouver Places to have lunch, dinner or coffee in this amazing city. I left some great places out of the list but I managed to select 5 awesome canadian sites to eat on a budget. What about you? What’s your favourite restaurant in Vancouver?
1) Stepho’s Souvlaki Greek Taverna
Huge portions. Delicious greek food. And a decent price! It’s a popular place so you should go early to avoid long lines.
- Price: For $10 you can have a big yummy greek plate.
- Location: 1124 Davie Street and 1359 Robson Street.
Photos by https://www.flickr.com/photos/youngdoo & https://www.flickr.com/photos/dennissylvesterhurd/
2) Donair Dude
Best donair in town. And I’m not writing this because I used to work there, I write it because I’ve tried other donair places in Vancouver and Donair Dude beats them all. You can choose the meat,the vegetables, spreads and sauces too fill up your donair! Plates are delicious too. Besides having awesome food and friendly staff, it opens until 4 am!
- Price: For $7.5 you can have a chicken, beef, lamb or falafel donair.
- Location: 1145 Granville Street and 1172 Davie St.
Photos from DD fb page.
3) Fritz European Fry House
Great way to satisfy your itch for some poutine(fries, gravy and cheese curds). If you are visiting Canada you have to try poutine and this is a good place to do so.
- Price: $5-$12.5 (Depends on poutine size)
- Location: 718 Davie St.
Photos by https://www.flickr.com/photos/jwalsh_
4) Blenz Coffee
Blenz is a Canadian franchise chain of coffee shops. It is not as cheap as Tim Horton’s but it’s definitely worth trying! Nothing tastes better than a cup of Blenz hot chocolate (made with belgian chocolate chips!) on a cold winter day. I miss this.
- Price: A regular hot chocolate is $4
- Location: Almost on every Vancouver street.
5) Vera’s Burger Shack
Do you have a hankering for a burger? Vera’s Burger Shack is the place. It is originally from Vancouver and it offers a great variety of burgers. You can’t beat Vera’s meat!
- Price: A combo is $13
- Locations: 1030 Davie Street, 213 Carrall Street, http://www.verasburgershack.com/store-locations/
Photos by: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benko & https://www.flickr.com/photos/mastermaq
Subscribe so you don’t miss a post!
Visiting Montreal? Read: Food you must eat in Montreal